The Making of "Temp Insanity"



By popular demand, here is a "Making of" show covering my last short film, "Temp Insanity". I always learn a ton of stuff on every movie I make and I hope there is something here that could be useful to others. The smartest thing I did on this shoot was secure a real office (one that had been denied to other students previously) for a location. The dumbest? I wasn't aware the sun coming in a prominent window wouldn't be down at the start of shooting, which caused a one hour delay.

I've also included the screenplay in a normal .pdf and Celtx version (which also includes my sitck-man storyboards). If you don't know what Celtx is, it's free screenwriting and pre-production software that runs on any platform.

If you like the title font, here's where I found it.

Comments

Humphrey said…
Ooooh can't wait to see it.
Unknown said…
Scott, Really enjoy the creative process as well as the practical stuff that has to happen.

One thing that for everyone else is/was obvious but was a revelation to me is when you said the sound of gunfire makes that scene.
Really appreciate you taking the time, also liked your explanation on doing a jump cut as well as other tips.