Sanyo CG10 deal: $109

With this being the "black friday" weekend when everyone goes totally insane to save a few bucks, I thought I'd chime in. I don't have a big list to share (PVC pipe prices don't change much), but there is one good deal that lasts through the weekend.

If you don't mind shooting with a small camera, the red HD Sanyo Xacti CG10 is on sale right now for $109. It's got a ton of manual features (white balance, focus, exposure, zoom lens) and some bonus ones (macro focus, webcam mode) that make it very attractive. A feature I really appreciate that some camera makers (including Sanyo) seem to be dropping at this price point: a tripod mount.

The camera isn't perfect. It doesn't come with an AC adapter (and you can't buy one), which means you're stuck with battery power so you'll need at least a second battery. These can be found on eBay for $1 (and with double the capacity of the stock version--sick!) and since the CG10 comes with an external charger, you can be shooting while the backup charges.

Someone on YouTube suggested that I make a Frugal Filmmaker episode around this camera since I keep babbling about it so much. It's a really good idea. There are some good, inexpensive DIY mods you can do to this camera to extend its usability quite a bit.

And you always wanted a RED camera anyway, right?

Comments

Wayne said…
I think, and this may only be my opinion, that you make a Frugal Filmmaker episode around this camera because you keep babbling on about it so much. It seems like a really good idea... I'm just sayin' is all!
Brian Wise said…
Would LOVE to see how you do some mods to it.....why don't you make a Frugal Filmmaker episode around this camera because you keep babbling on about it so much?

:)